Lands Cabinet Secretary, Farida Karoney has advised members of the public to seek Government services within the right offices.
The CS noted that land owners had fallen victims of conmen and land brokers which has led to loss of property and land ownership documents.
She said the Ministry of Lands is committed to cleaning the system to ensure services in all land registries across the country is being conducted in a transparent and efficient manner.
“We have been employed to deliver services to Kenyans and as a Ministry we are committed to give every land owner their rightful Title Deeds within the appropriate time,” said Ms. Karoney.
The CS made her remarks in Ruiru Sub County, Kiambu County on Wednesday during the official opening of Ruiru Lands Registry.
She added that all the Ministry of Lands officers across all the Registries will be issued with badges bearing their names, photo and number for easy identification by members of the public while they are seeking services.
The CS called on the County Governments to partner with the Ministry of Lands to fast-track issuance of land ownership documents to Kenyans.
“Through our concerted efforts as Government agencies we shall ensure every land in Kenya is issued with Title Deed,” the CS reiterated.
The newly opened Ruiru Lands Registry was funded by Ruiru NG-CDF, will de-congested Thika Registry and bring services closer to the people of Ruiru as over 50% of land documents were relocated.
The CS was accompanied by CAS for Lands Hon. Gideon Mung’aro, Kiambu County Governor Ferdinand Waititu, Gatundu South MP Moses Kuria, Ruiru MP Simon King’ara, Naivasha MP Jayne Kihara and other Kiambu County leaders and Ministry Officials.
By Nelly Kosgey – PCO
The Estate Agents Registration Board Tuesday held a Half-day workshop at a Nairobi hotel for registered estate agents and relevant stakeholders.
The workshop whose theme was “Re-positioning Estate Agency Practice in Kenya” was opened by Lands CAS, Hon. Gideon Mung’aro.
In his remarks, the Lands CAS said that following the rapid expansion of real estate transactions in the country,there has been an increased demand for professional services in the sector;and hence infiltration of quacks causing loss of money and property by unsuspecting members of society.
In her remarks, the chair of the Estate Agents Registration Board (EARB),Ms Nelly Mbugua said that the board was committed towards promoting and protecting the interests of consumers as well as cultivating public confidence. Ms Mbugua said the revised Real Estate Agency legal framework is meant to regulate the sector.
A recent Economic Survey showed that the real estate sector is the second largest contributor to the growth of the economy,at 10.6%, preceding taxes on products at 12.0%. According to the Survey,there were over Kshs.85B worth of private building works approved and completed in Nairobi alone.The total number of private buildings issued with certificate of occupancy increased by 9.7 per cent from 10,268 in 2016 to 11,202 in 2017.
Lands and Physical Planning CS, Farida Karoney has emphasized on
the importance of the strengthening the capacity of counties to plan for urbanization
and effective public land use planning in economic development.
She spoke on Wednesday during the unveiling of 8-billion program by the British
Government through the UKAID urgency to support sustainable urbanization in Kenya.
The five-year (2018-2022) “Sustainable Urban Economic Development” (SUED) program
aims at among other things improving the investment climate and business
environment reforms in Kenya.
“There is a lot that can be done with this money, it’s one and a half times the budget
allocated to the Lands Ministry and with these funds we can plan our counties better to
be competitive,” said CS Karoney.
She said that the Ministry has formulated the National Spatial Plan (NSP) and National
Land Use Policy (NLUP) as critical policy frameworks.
“The policies will provide necessary guidance to county governments in formulation of
responsive County spatial plans as well as integrated Urban Development Plans.” Said
the Lands CS.
CS Karoney said that demands for critical infrastructure in the country were on the
On his part, the British High Commissioner to Kenya Nick Hailey said that Kenya has
reached a high-income status without proper urbanization.
Hailey further noted that the UK funded program looks to diversify and create
opportunities for the fast growing counties that have been historically marginalized in
“The money is set to bring at par regions that have been left out, this funds seeks to
aid in the proper planning and strategic placement of these counties,” said Hailey.
Counties will have to register for the funds before they are taken through a selection
process, only then will the 10 counties be picked before the December 10 deadline.
Selected counties will be provided with urban economic planners to help develop and
integrate sustainable plans to spur inclusive growth hubs to help address regulatory
constrains to the private sector.
The program has four phases where the counties will be selected, then the counties will
priorities their agenda followed by investments in the projects.
JOSEPH K. MWANGI
HEAD PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS UNIT
Dr.Muraguri and his team from the Ministry Friday visited Kitui County and held consultative forums to address any challenges that may be hindering Titling in the County.
Kitui Governor,Mrs Charity Ngilu led local leaders in the consultations which deliberated on various issues touching on land matters in the County.
The program whose aim is to fast-track titling across the country was launched in Laikipia County in December,last year by Lands CS,Ms Farida Karoney.
List of shareholders/beneficiaries without parcel numbers is out.Check it out on the homepage of this website on the beneficiaries search button.
You are requested to visit the Deputy County Commissioners Office- Ruai with your original documents and copies of the same for verification and processing.
- Form LRA 1 PRESENTATION BOOK
- Form LRA 2 THE LAND REGISTER (Absolute Titles)
- Form LRA 3 THE LAND REGISTER (Leasehold)
- Form LRA 4 REGISTER OF POWERS OF ATTORNEY
- Form LRA 5 GENERAL POWER OF ATTORNEY
- Form LRA 6 SPECIFIC POWER OF ATTORNEY
- Form LRA 7 IRREVOCABLE POWER OF ATTORNEY
- Form LRA 8 NOTICE OF REVOCATION OF A POWER OF ATTORNEY
- Form LRA 9 GENERAL APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION
- Form LRA 10 APPLICATION TO BE NOTED IN THE REGISTER AS A SPOUSE
- Form LRA 11 NOTICE OF INTENTION TO NOTE A SPOUSE IN THE REGISTER
- Form LRA 12 APPLICATION FOR REPLACEMENT CERTIFICATE OF TITLELEASE ON
- Form LRA 13 NOTICE FOR ISSUE OF A REPLACEMENT TITLE
- Form LRA 14 APPLICATION FOR RECONSTRUCTION OF A LAND REGISTER
- Form LRA 15STATUTORY DECLARATION BY A BODY CORPORATE
- Form LRA 16 STATUTORY DECLARATION BY A NATURAL PERSON
- Form LRA 17 DEED OF INDEMNITY
- Form LRA 18 NOTICE FOR RECONSTRUCTION OF LOST OR DESTROYED LAND REGISTER
- Form LRA 19 APPLICATION FOR ISSUE OF A CERTIFICATE OF TITLE LEASE
- Form LRA 20 Certificate of Title
- Form LRA 21 Certificate of Lease
- Form LRA 22 REFUSAL TO REGISTER AN APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION
- Form LRA 23 APPLICATION BY AN INTERESTED PERSON TO ASCERTAIN AND FIX LAND BOUNDARIES
- Form LRA 24 NOTICE OF INTENTION TO ASCERTAIN AND FIX THE BOUNDARIES
- Form LRA 25 ORDER FOR DEMARCATION MAINTENANCE
- Form LRA 26 APPLICATION FOR COMBINATION
- Form LRA 27 MUTATION FORM
- Form LRA 28 APPLICATION FOR REPARCELLATION
- Form LRA 29 APPLICATION FOR PARTITION
- Form LRA 30 APPLICATION FOR PARTITION PURSUANT TO AN ORDER OF THE REGISTRAR
- Form LRA 31 NOTICE FOR A HEARING ON APPLICATION FOR PARTITION OF LAND HELD IN COMMON
- Form LRA 32 FORM OF CONSENT OF A CHARGEE TO A PARTITION
- Form LRA 33 TRANSFER OF INTEREST IN LAND
- Form LRA 34 CONSENT BY THE ENCUMBRANCER TO TRANSFER
- Form LRA 35 TRANSFER OF UNDIVIDED SHARE
- Form LRA 36 TRANSFER OF JOINT INTEREST
- Form LRA 37 APPLICATION FOR SEVERANCE OF JOINT OWNERSHIP
- Form LRA 38 APPLICATION FOR THE REMOVAL OF THE NAME OF A DECEASED JOINT PROPRIETOR FROM THE REGISTER
- Form LRA 39 TRANSFER TO THE PERSONAL REPRESENATATIVE AS EXECUTOR ADMINISTRATOR
- Form LRA 40 APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION AS PROPRIETOR JOINTLY WITH OTHER PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES
- Form LRA 41 NOTIFICATION BY REGISTRAR TO PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVE OF AN APP FOR REGISTRATION JOINTLY WITH OTHER
- Form LRA 42 TRANSFER BY PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVE TO PERSON ENITITLED UNDER A WILL OR INTESTACY
- Form LRA 43 TRANSFER BY PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVE TO PURCHASER
- Form LRA 44 TRANSFER BY TRUSTEE IN BANKRUPTCY
- Form LRA 45 TRANSFER BY TRUSTEE ON BANKRUPTCY B
- Form LRA 46 APPLICATION BY A LIQUIDATOR TO BE NOTED IN THE REGISTER
- Form LRA 47 GENERAL FORM OF STATUTORY DECLARATION
- Form LRA 48 TRANSFER OF LAND BY A LIQUIDATOR
- Form LRA 49 TRANSFER by COMPANIES AND LIMITED LIABILITY PARTNERSHIPS
- Form LRA 50 APPLICATION TO BE REGISTERED AS PROPRIETOR BY TRANSMISSION
- Form LRA 51 APPLICATION TO BE REGISTERED AS A TRUSTEE
- Form LRA 52 TRANSFER OF LAND BY A TRUSTEE
- Form LRA 53 CHARGE
- Form LRA 54 INFORMAL CHARGE
- Form LRA 55 CONSENT FOR SECOND OR SUBSEQUENT CHARGE
- Form LRA 56 MEMORANDUM OF VARIATION OF CHARGE
- Form -LRA-57 TRANSFER OF CHARGE
- Form LRA 58 DISCHARGE OF CHARGE
- Form LRA 59 PARTIAL DISCHARGE OF CHARGE
- Form LRA 60 TRANSFER PURSUANT TO PURCHASE BY CHARGEE WITH LEAVE OF COURT
- Form LRA 61 TRANSFER PURSUANT TO PURCHASE BY CHARGEE IN A PUBLIC AUCTION
- Form LRA 62 LEASE
- Form LRA 63 TRANSFR OF LEASE
- Form LRA 64 LEASE (Long Term)
- Form LRA 65 SURRENDER OF LEASE
- Form LRA 66 APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION OF AN INHIBITION ORDER
- Form LRA 67 CAUTION
- Form LRA 68 NOTICE OF CAUTION
- Form LRA 69 WITHDRAWAL OF CAUTION
- Form LRA 70 APPLICATION TO REMOVE CAUTION
- Form LRA 71 NOTICE OF INTENTION TO REMOVE A CAUTION
- Form LRA 72 NOTICE OF OBJECTION TO REMOVAL OF A CAUTION
- Form LRA 73 NOTICE FOR OF HEARING ON APPLICATION TO REMOVE CAUTION
- Form LRA 74 ORDER OF THE REGISTRAR ON AN APPLICATION TO REMOVE A CAUTION
- Form LRA 75 APPLICATION FOR A RESTRICTION
- Form LRA 76 NOTICE OF INTENTION TO REGISTER REMOVE VARY A RESTRICTION
- Form LRA 77 NOTICE OF RESTRICTION
- Form LRA 78 APPLICATION TO REMOVE OR VARY A RESTRICTION
- Form LRA 79NOTICE OF VARIATION REMOVAL OF RESTRICTION
- Form LRA 80 GRANT OF EASEMENT ANALOGOUS RIGHT
- Form LRA 81 CANCELLATION OF EASEMENT ANALOGOUS RIGHTS BY PERSON OCCUPYING DOMINANT LAND
- Form LRA 82 CONSENT OF LESSEE OR LENDER ON CANCELLATION OF EASEMENT ANALOGOUS RIGHT BY THE PERSON OCCUPYING DOMINANT LAND
- Form LRA 83 APPLICATION FOR CANCELLATION OF EASEMENT ANALOGOUS RIGHTS BY PERSON OCCUPYING SERVIENT LAND
- Form LRA 84 APPLICATION FOR OFFICIAL SEARCH
- Form LRA 85 CERTIFICATE OF OFFICIAL SEARCH
- Form LRA 86 APPLICATION TO THE REGISTRAR FOR APPROVAL OF A DOCUMENT FOR USE WHERE NO FORM HAS BEEN PRESCRIBED
- Form LRA 87 APPLICATION TO RECTIFY THE REGISTER
- Form LRA 88 CONSENT TO RECTIFY THE REGISTER BY A COMPANY
- Form LRA 89 CONSENT TO RECTIFY THE REGISTER BY INDIVIDUAL
- Form LRA 90 NOTICE OF RECTIFICATION OF REGISTER BY REGISTRAR
- Form LRA 91 NOTICE OF INTENTION TO RECTIFY REGISTER
- Form LRA 92 ORDER OF RECTIFICATION OF REGISTER
- Form LRA 93 SUMMONS
- Form LRA 94 APPLICATION FOR RECTIFICATION OF REGISTER PURSUANT TO A COURT ORDER
- Form LRA 96 PRESENTATION ON OBJECTIONS TO THE CONVERSION LIST
- Form LRA 97 APPLICATION FOR REPLACEMENT OF TITLE ISSUED FROM THE CLOSED REGISTER
The Colombian Ambassador to Kenya, Mrs. Elizabeth Ines Taylor Wednesday paid Lands CS, Ms. Farida Karoney a courtesy call in her office.
The two held mutual talks touching on areas where the two countries can work together in relation to land matters.
The CAS, Hon. Gideon Mung’aro was also present.
The faculty comes with an endorsement charge of basically 5 admits excessively gifted young artists getting the capability to execute about the finest professional-level.lands-admin
Article writing is a complicated skill to be gained by all to manage daily life matters. Writing a superb essay may be a boring work for pupils from rather a very long time, but with the right assistance you are able to enrich his writeup really readily. Today you’re prepared to start creating a college article. Composing a school essay may be fairly nerve-racking for many because this may be your opportunity to reveal the professor what you’re created of. (more…)